Resources for tenants from the Akelius Tenants Network.
Resources for Tenants
Our resources include an FAQ for Akelius tenants in Toronto, guides on above guidelines increases, and tips on how to run an effective tenant association.
Are you facing an Above Guideline Rent Increase (aka, an AGI)? Learn whether your AGI is legal, how you can respond to your landlord's application, and strategies for lowering the value of your increase.
- So, You Just Received Your First AGI
- How to Refute an AGI Application
- The Quick Guide to AGIs (Coming Soon!)
Organizing a Tenant Association is the best way to stand up for tenants' rights in your building. Learn why Tenant Associations work, how to start one in your building, and get free resources from the ATN.
- Tenant Association Templates
- Tenant Association Starter Set (Coming Soon!)
- How to Start a Tenant Association (Coming Soon!)
To help tenants find answers outside of the ATN, we've compiled links to resources from other tenant advocates in Toronto and Ontario. We also have sections detailing resources from the City of Toronto and Province of Ontario.
- Federation of Metro Tenants' Associations (FMTA)
- Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO)
- Legal Aid Ontario